1. High school diploma or GED required
2. Basic math skills a must, ability to break down recipes.
3. Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
4. Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Must maintain good personal hygiene which is essential in performing assigned duties.
6. Knowledgeable of culture, attitudes, and nutritional needs of the Elderly participants.
7. Physically able to perform assigned tasks, able to lift 25 pounds, stand for long periods of time.
8. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check.
9. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Elder/Youth License Requirement as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community.
10. Must maintain confidentiality at all times
11. Must be able to obtain and maintain coverage under the employer’s Employee Dishonesty policy.
12. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
13. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
14. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
15. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
16. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
17. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 30 days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
18. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
1. Must be sensitive to Elderly needs and possess the ability to effectively communicate with the Elderly and other resource persons.
2. A high school diploma or GED is required however if an elder of this community is able to meet the other qualifications an exception may be considered.