1. Assist Tribal Court Clerk with filing, copying, scanning, mailing, and functioning of Tribal Court as directed by the Chief judge and the Court Clerk.
2. Must manage all garnishment of wage cases in their entirety.
3. Must keep an accurate record of all garnishment deductions taken per Tribal Court Orders.
4. Must manage all collection of debt cases in their entirety, often in bulk, including providing service on the parties.
5. Prepare summonses, notices, garnishments orders and other court documents as directed, and also review court orders drafted by other agencies.
6. Assist with keeping all case files safe and secure; file accurately and promptly all relevant documents, such as Notices, Affidavits, Reports, Discovery materials, Pleadings, Court minutes, written Court Orders, Judgements Dockets, Correspondence, and other legal documents.
7. Assist the tribal Court Clerk with maintaining the Court’s calendar and schedule.
8. Assist with prompt notification of parties of all relevant court hearings and ensuring proper service prior to Court.
9. Attend all court hearings as directed and keep minutes of all proceedings.
10. Where requested by a Judge, prepare a written summary if a trial or other hearings and proceedings.
11. Provide non-legal assistance to individuals, usually pro-se, telephonically and in person.
12. Provide overall judicial assistance to all acting judges, while preventing ex parte communication.
keep all databases current with party contact information, documents, and cases status details.
13. Manage dismissed and closed case files by archiving in electronic form.
14. Must work effectively as part of the team of Tribal Court Employees.
15. Work cooperatively with other tribal and no-tribal agencies and appointed Guardian ad Litems.
16. Must display a professional attitude at all times in person and on the telephone.
17. Must make travel and meeting arrangements as necessary for Court staff.
18. Create purchase orders and order office supplies as necessary.
19. Sort incoming mail and redirect or distribute as necessary.
20. Post Tribal Court docket on a weekly basis.
21. Receive payments and issue receipts.
22. Must maintain strict confidentiality.
23. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
24. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
25. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
26. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures, and land use codes.
27. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
28. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.