1. Obtain detailed client information to determine client’s eligibility for the Stockbridge-Munsee Tribal Health Fund Program.
2. Maintain a record keeping system which includes tribal required reports and updates.
3. Maintain working knowledge of alternate resources available and refer clients for assistance.
4. Use the EHR system for maintaining patient information, commitment register, process vouchers, and other required reports/forms for the Health Fund Program.
5. Prepare reports as directed, and correspondence.
6. Prepare client vouchers and bills for authorization of payment or denial.
7. Knowledge of other fiscal resources that clients may be eligible for preferred but not required.
8. Complete other job related duties as assigned.
9. Attend job related meetings and training as directed, and travel to major metropolitan areas to provide members with knowledge of program guidelines.
10. Promote program to tribal members.
11. Cross train with Purchased Referral Assistant.
12. Ability to understand rules and regulations of Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, etc.
13. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
14. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
15. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
16. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
17. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
18. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.