September 2, 2021
Mandatory Face Masks, Social Distancing, and Gathering Limits through 8AM on October 6, 2021
The Stockbridge-Munsee Tribal Council recognizes this tribal community is concerned about a surge in positive COVID-19 infections due to the Delta variant. The recent public health conditions caused by the COVID-19 virus, a communicable disease, require this Community to implement stricter protective measures until infection rates are better controlled.
The Community is required to comply with the following measures to limit opportunities for infection.
- Use face coverings over the nose and mouth when in indoors and in the presence of other individuals. All persons age five or older must wear a face covering when indoors or in an enclosed space, other than a private residence, and another person not from the same household is present in the same room.
- Use social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Gatherings should be limited to 20 persons or less.
- If open, public buildings, not including health care facilities and residential buildings, occupancy shall not exceed 50% of room or building capacity.
- No large public gatherings. Specifically, there are no Pow Wows, or Concert events (indoor or outdoor).
- Comply with quarantine and isolation orders. Persons who fail to comply with such orders are considered a public nuisance and subject to enforcement action(s).
- Stay home when you have COVID-19 type symptoms except to seek medical care.
- Use good hand hygiene practices. Wash hands when return home and after touching commonly touched public surfaces like doorknobs. Use an alcohol-based hand wash when soap and water is not available.
This Order is issued by the Stockbridge-Munsee Tribal Council, with the concurrence of the Health Director, under its inherent authority as a native sovereign nation, as well as the authority identified in its Public Health State of Emergency delegation on March 15, 2020, Resolution #044-20, and Title SAF, Chapter SAF.04 of Stockbridge-Munsee Tribal Code, Communicable Disease, Vaccination, and Quarantine Ordinance.
These requirements are effective through 8 AM on October 6, 2021. It supersedes prior orders and may be cancelled or modified at any time by action of the Tribal President or Vice-President on behalf of the Tribal Council.