1. Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all food and beverage venues which includes but not limited to restaurants, coffee shop, employee dining room, bar venues, catered events, and food and beverage service on the gaming floor.
3. To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all hotel venues which includes but not limited to check-in, hotel sales/reservations, hotel housekeeping, laundry attendants and porter services.
4. Provide leadership direction for areas under the hospitality departments. This includes BOH kitchen, restaurant, and bar/service staff, front desk staff, switchboard operators, reservation agents, and porter staff.
5. Address and correct audit and health inspection findings regarding areas under the hospitality departments.
6. To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, sales analysis, menu costing, and room/product costing. Will be responsible for submitting annual budget and providing reviews with General Manager on financial and operational performance as desired.
7. To ensure that restaurants, bars, and banquet rooms are clean and well maintained, table arrangements are clean and organized, and kitchen/bars are properly stocked.
8. To ensure that hotel lobbies, hotel rooms, and meeting rooms are clean and well maintained and hotel room amenities are clean, organized, and property stocked,
9. To ensure that all staff is well trained, properly dressed, and providing professional and courteous service to our customers.
10. Conduct performance analysis for all hospitality areas identifying developmental and training needs to ensure departments are running in an efficient and effective manner.
11. Implement industry best practices/standards and continuously improve areas under the hospitality departments.
12. Be fully knowledgeable of all statutory requirements regarding the food and beverage and hotel operations, that all licenses, including special licenses, are timely applied for and that the conditions affecting the issuing of licenses are not jeopardized.
13. Ensure the proper staffing levels are maintained so service is not compromised in the most cost-efficient manner.
14. Must work cooperatively with all regulatory boards.
15. Develop performance measures for all areas under the hospitality departments to monitor work performance and take corrective action when necessary.
16. Be an effective communicator to ensure hospitality staff clearly understands their duties and have the proper budgeted resources and training to carry out those duties.
17. Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department(s).
18. Promote positive public and employee relations within your assigned departments that enable North Star Mohican Casino Resort to be the state’s friendliest casino.
19. Must maintain an excellent departmental attendance record.
20. Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
21. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
22. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Sales & Events, Hotel and Food & Beverage Departments.
23. The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Casino General Manager.