1. Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
4. Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
5. Must be able to lead and supervise the culinary team to ensure that all food served is monitored for taste and visual appeal, portion control measures are followed, and level of waste is controlled by proper production levels.
6. Role model the Star Service Standards interacting positively through relationships with guests, co-workers, supervisors and customers.
7. Must be able to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to interview, hire and train team members; plan, assign and direct work; assist in scheduling of staff; performance evaluations; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve any problems.
8. Providing assistance to the Executive Chef in implementation and preparation of menu items, monitoring and ordering food products and supplies, calculating monthly inventory, labor and food costs.
9. Maintain the food service area and equipment in compliance with quality, health, and safety standards and regulations.
10. Must remain knowledgeable about industry changes, trends, equipment and products in order to improve efficiency, productivity and increase savings and safety.
11. Must possess current knowledge of menu items and products used.
12. Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
13. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
14. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food and Beverage Department.
15. Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
16. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
17. The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.