1. GED or high school equivalency required.
2. Must have a working knowledge of MS Office suite and database management.
3. Prior demonstrated experience with customer service, including professional phone and email communication skills.
4. Possess a high level of sensitivity to the needs of the tribal community.
5. Must be able to take on additional responsibilities in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
6. Must adhere to Employer’s Employee Dishonesty Policy.
7. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
8. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance.
9. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
10. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
11. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
12. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
13. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
14. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
15. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
16. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.