Shelter in Place through 6AM on November 2, 2020 with Mandatory Face Masks, Social Distancing, and Gathering Limits through 8AM on November 6, 2020
The Stockbridge·Munsee Tribal Council recognizes this tribal community is also seeing a surge in positive COVID-19 infections like surrounding areas are experiencing. The recent public health conditions caused by the COVID· 19 virus, a communicable disease, require this Community to implement stricter protective measures until infection rates are better controlled.
To that end, the Tribal Council issues a new Order directing people who live on tribal lands, as well as tribal employees who are on leave from work, to isolate and shelter in place at their home to limit opportunities for infection and to transmit the COVID-19 virus to others. People are permitted to travel to the extent necessary for medical care, for essential work, or to purchase necessary supplies.
The October 10, 2020 tribal election remains scheduled and tribal members are permitted to travel as necessary to vote in the election.
Along with the requirement to shelter in place, the Community is required to comply with the following measures in order to limit opportunities for infection.
1. Use face coverings over the nose and mouth when in indoors and in the presence of other individuals. All persons age five or older must wear a face covering when indoors or in an enclosed space, other than a private residence, and another person not from the same household is present in the same room. Exceptions described under the Wisconsin emergency orders shall apply.
2. Use social distancing of at least 6 feet.
3. Gatherings should be limited to 10 persons or less.
4. If open, public buildings, not including health care facilities and residential buildings, occupancy shall not exceed 25% of room or building capacity.
5. A curfew requiring persons to shelter at home from 12AM to 5AM is established. Persons who are away from their homes during curfew hours are considered to be trespassing on tribal lands and subject to enforcement action(s). This curfew does not apply to law enforcement, emergency responders, persons traveling for medical care, or persons permitted to travel for legitimate business purposes.
6. Comply with quarantine and isolation orders. Persons who fail to comply with such orders are considered a public nuisance and subject to enforcement action(s).
7. Stay home when you have COVID· 19 type symptoms except to seek medical care.
8. Use good hand hygiene practices. Wash hands when return home and after touching commonly touched public surfaces like doorknobs. Use an alcohol· based hand wash when soap and water is not available.
This Order is issued by the Stockbridge·Munsee Tribal Council, with the concurrence of the Health Director, under its inherent authority as a native sovereign nation, as well as the authority identified in its Public Health State of Emergency delegation on March 15, 2020, Resolution #044·20, and Chapter 26-A of Stockbridge·Munsee Tribal Law, Communicable Disease, Vaccination, and Quarantine Ordinance.
The shelter in place and curfew requirement under this Order is effective as of issuance and expires on November 2, 2020 at 6 AM. The remaining requirements are effective-through 8 AM on November 6, 2020. It supersedes prior orders and may be cancelled or modified at any time by action of the Tribal President or Vice· President on behalf of the Tribal Council.